The New York Wizard continues his mission to promote an important message to area residents and business owners with clothes dryers
Glen Cove NY – The local Dryer Vent Cleaning Wizard is providing dryer fire prevention tips area residents and business owners while performing an important service. By combining service with education the Wizard is confident that he is making a positive difference in his neighborhood.
Over 17,000 dryer fires occur each year with most of them being caused by clogged dryer vents. Dryer vent cleaning is the number one dryer fire prevention tip from the Wizard. Improper dryer vent installation or dryer vents made of vinyl or flexible foil can also contribute to dryer fires and other dryer related hazards.
Another important piece of advice from the Dryer Vent Cleaning Wizard is to never go to sleep or leave the house when the dryer is running. Dryer fires can quickly burn out of control, trapping occupants and their pets inside while completely destroying the home.
Bob Dougherty, owner of Dryer Vent Wizard (http://www.nassaucountyny.dryerventcleaningnow.com/) is qualified to clean and install dryer vent systems in homes and businesses in Nassau County and neighboring communities. Education is a vital part of the Wizard’s service as he provides the following dryer fire prevention tips to his customers:
• Have appliances professionally installed
• Electric Dryer – A licensed electrician should inspect the electrical service to be sure the dryer has the right size breaker and that it is properly grounded
• Gas Dryer – A licensed plumber should inspect the gas fittings and flex hose for gas leaks
• Never leave home or go to sleep when the dryer is running
• Keep the lint filter clean and inspect it regularly for tears or damage
• Keep the laundry room clear of combustibles like boxes and flammable substances
• Never put synthetic materials including rubber, foam or plastic in the dryer
• Have the dryer vent system inspected and cleaned regularly
Bob Dougherty urges consumers to have their dryer vent system inspected to be sure it is providing adequate airflow for the dryer to work safely and efficiently. Bob finds a problem with 9 out of 10 dryer vent systems he inspects. Customers notice a remarkable difference in dryer performance after Bob makes the necessary corrections. Visit http://glencove.dryerventcleaningnow.com/ to learn more.
About Dryer Vent Wizard:
Dryer Vent Wizard is a member of the National Fire Protection Association and the largest chain of dryer vent cleaning, repair, replacement and alternation specialists in the U.S. with over 60 franchisees in major markets. Dryer Vent Wizard franchisees work to promote public awareness on the importance of dryer vent cleaning to prevent dryer fires and save energy. Consumer education while making clothes dryers safer and greener are the main focus of DVW franchisees. Dryer Vent Wizard was founded in 2004 by Dave Lavalle who is also the founder of the Mr. Handyman franchise.